Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevrolet Spark: General > Chevy Spark Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #1

Default 2013 Chevy Spark: The good and the bad--

I've now had my Spark for six months. It gets driven about thirty miles per day. These are my impressions:

1. It's a cheaply made car that looks cool and is fun to drive. People notice it and ask about it. The engine performance and braking are good to very good. Handling is good.
2. It is surprisingly roomy inside.
3. The AC is very low quality. Check around online and you will find all sorts of info on this. It fails to keep you cool when the temperature outside gets over 90 degrees. You won't swelter, inside, but you won't be cool.
4. This is the WORST car I've ever owned when it comes to blind spots. Chevy tried to make this car look sporty by putting in goofy, opaque window panels that house a hidden door handle, on the rear doors. This causes horrible blind spots when a driver tries to see who's coming up on him/her in the right lane. Add in comically small outside mirrors, triangularly shaped, and the situation is even worse. I had to install little adhesive convex mirrors to even begin to change lanes, safely. Even so, I sometimes just hope nobody is pulling up on my passenger side as I change lanes. It really is that bad.
5. Inside plastic panels have sharp edges. Just the other day I sliced a 1/4" piece of skin off my left hand as I reached in to get something out of the back storage area.

Conclusion: The car is fun to drive but I will get rid of it in another year. I will not consider another Spark unless the opaque rear window panels disappear, the outside mirrors get bigger and the AC is upgraded.
SparkGuy61 is offline   Reply With Quote