Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevy Spark: Technical > Transmission Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1

Angry Mis-fire in second gear

HI all
We have a spark that we have had from new, and after three months the car started to misfire in second gear during acceleration. The car is now 18 months old and after about ten trips to the dealership we still have the same problem. The latest diagnosis from the dealership is priceless. " This happens on all chevrolet sparks and we cannot do anything you have to live with it".
Does any one have any similar problems ? or can anyone suggest what is wrong with our car.
Thanks
Charlieboy
charlieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #2

What have they actually checked/ replaced?
misfires can be Plugs/Leads/ faulty sensor/ air leak somewhere.
It is hard to diagnose without seeing vehicle but i can tell you that after 3 weeks of ownership from new, our car had to be taken back for the same thing (very bad misfire and cutting out but in all gears not just 2nd) and they replaced the throttle position sensor, lambda sensor and airflow sensor.
Its been fine since apart from gearbox melting 5th gear after just 3000 miles as there was bugger all oil in the gearbox that had supposedly had a long list of checks before leaving the dealer.
I have to say Chevrolet (crappy ex-daewoo) in england are absolutely rubbish. I have a proper Chevy camaro thats 15 years old and after 160,000 is still going strong. I definatly wouldnt buy another or recommend them to anyone. The cars fun to drive but build quality is terrible.
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote