Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevrolet Spark: General > Pictures & Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #1

Default 2013 Chevy Spark at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show

2013 Chevy Spark - YouTube

This is the 2013 Chevy Spark. It comes standard with a 4 cylinder 1.2 liter 80 hp engine paired with a 5 speed transmission weighing in around 2,200 lbs. There is an optional 4 speed transmission weighing in around 2,300 lbs. Unfortunately this Spark was locked and I couldn't investigate the inside too well. The head lights are pretty long, but cut a little short at the top section. They have a fog light on each side as well. The middle grill has an OEM large grill block. Only the top 1/3 of the middle grill is open, along with the upper & lower grill openings. It has front & rear tire spats & OEM nose tray. Contrary to an article I read, it does NOT appear to be on the same M frame as the early Metros. There are no frame horns! It looked to me as if there was a front crossmember where the radiator would reside & a crossmember running back to the firewall on each side for the control arms to mount. I've never been under an Aveo, but I assume it is built similarly & in fact on a Daewoo platform. It has a sizeabe downpipe for a 1.2L engine & small catalytic convertor onto the resonator. This Spark sat on 185/55/15's with front disc brakes & rear drum brakes. I believe they have MacPherson struts up front and a torsion beam in back. It had 2 speakers on the dash & I assume 1 more in each door, but I could be wrong. It was hard to see inside with all the lighting. On the passenger side, there was an upper dash pocket & I think glove box below & in the center the 7" MyLink touch screen infotainment center. This particular model had the 4 speed automatic option. There are 2 cup holders by the shifter as well. The rear door handles are on the C pillar to give it a 2 door hatch look. The gas tank is on the passenger side. On the rear, it has an OEM partial Kammback, rear wiper & defrost. The tail pipe has a chrome ring in the bumber for the tail pipe to come out. The actual tail pipe is much smaller than the chrome ring. There was not much to the rear suspension at all. There is a rear cargo cover. The rear seats are separated by a single cup holder & pocket. Every Spark I've seen has the silly looking roof racks... It's like a mini version of the Vibe. Not a fan, but oh well. The driver's side seat has an arm rest attached to the seat just like the Sonic. The instrument cluster is similar to the Sonic as well with one large speedometer cluster & everything else digitial on the side. It has intermittent wipers with delay. The folding power mirrors has a switch up on the driver's side dash next to the dimmer switch & a small pocket for change, etc. Overall, I think the Spark looks like a pretty nice little car.

Last edited by mjspiess; 01-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
mjspiess is offline   Reply With Quote