Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevy Spark: Technical > Interior and ICE Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #1

Default Audio HELP

Just picked up my Spark LT today. They forgot to put in the user manuals and log book (going to post them on!!).

Can any please tell me how to use my Ipod through it? Do I need a special cable or the standard IPod charging lead as it doesn't appear to work.

Many thanks.

Tim.
TigerTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #2

Hey,

you just need a 3.5mm male to male audio cable (1.99 Maplins) plug it into your iPhone, iPod or MP3 then into the little hole on the left handside of the stereo dash, just near the AUX button and opposite the Mini-USB port. once plugged it hit AUX and it should play no bother. Only thing i found was you have to turn the volume up because it was a little quiet.
NathanCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

You can just plug an iPod into the stereo using the USB cable you already have.
It should switch to the iPod automatically or at least say something on the display about USB.
The Seek and Tune buttons will skip albums and tracks respectively. This also works for any USB device behaves as a removable disk so for example you could play music from your phone in the same way.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Just picked up my Spark LT today. They forgot to put in the user manuals and log book (going to post them on!!).

Can any please tell me how to use my Ipod through it? Do I need a special cable or the standard IPod charging lead as it doesn't appear to work.

Many thanks.

Tim.
I have a 2013 2LT Spark and I hook my iPhone 5 up to it using the original Apple charging/data chord that came with the iPhone and it works great, all my artist songs... everything on the mylink display. I tried to use a chord I bought off of the internet and it didn't work. I've had the same problem with other devices I hook my phone up to that require data transfer. The cheaper cables are really only good for charging. Hope this helps.
neodd70 is offline   Reply With Quote