Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevy Spark: Technical > Handling, Braking and Suspension Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #1

Default Suspension and handling

My spark now has 3000 miles on it and the handling has deteriorated.
When new the ride was firm and there was very little body roll, Now it is soft and the body rolls at the back in corners most noticable on roundabouts.
The car also tends to wallow a little at the back if there is a dip in the road when driving along faster roads.
Pushing the suspension down at the back end it feels a lot softer than I would expect for a small car.

How does your spark feel in corners and over bumps?
PhilPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Des

I have temp fitted some Grayston coil spring assisters which have helped, had to fit the large size 3 due to the gap between coils and cut about 2" off. Plus drill a few more holes for cable ties to stop them coming off. Fitted to top of spring raises car by approx 1-2" and cuts out a bit off body roll. Will be replacing them with a pair of Progressive springs from MAD only 110, they fit inside the original spring. Also fitted some new alloys 195-50-15 8 spoke from Halfords c/w tyres. Not to noisy and look better than the original alloys. Plus you have a greater selection of tyres to choose from when need replacing.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Des

Default MAD Springs

Finally got round to fitting these Pt No HV 221025, car sits 1-2" higher but goes round corners no lean or wallow, can carry 2 adults in rear without mudflaps grinding on rd. Easy to fit 1/2hr total. Well worth it definitely recommend these.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #4

Seems to be a common problem although Chevrolet will not admit it. I like the ride height as it is and don't want it higher or lower. The only firmer springs I have seen give a lower ride height.
PhilPage is offline   Reply With Quote