Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevrolet Spark: General > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonscifi View Post
I am about to purchase a new Chevy Spark. I would like the model with the roof rails, but there are just none to be found in my area. Does anyone know if you can purchase the OEM roof rails and add them to a lower level Spark? I saw a set of OEM roof rails on ebay about a year ago. They even had the instructions on how to add them to your roof. It involves lowering the headliner and attaching bolts inside the cabin. If anyone has done this, please let me know. Also, if you work at a body shop, can you order the rails and complete the installation? Thanks!
I purchased the add on rail from the dealer when I bought the Spark. They have had a problem installing the rails. There is a gap between the molding and the roof. It has to go back in to be redone. Does anyone know where there is a picture to show how it should be installed. It appears the rubber O ring is either too big or they didn't drill a latge enough hole in the roof.
NFJK is offline   Reply With Quote