Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevrolet Spark: General > Factory Specifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #1

Cool Spare wheel (lack of!)

Anyone else not keen on not having a spare wheel? I guess the worst case is to buy a new rim? Anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in antiss.
For the record, just picked mine (wife's!) up today seems quite good no obvious hickups, fuel gauge seems to be on the move a tad early though.
Cheers
myplaydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Administrator

Garage

It's too bad they didn't include one, but saves weight.

You can always buy a rim and tire spare, but may cost you a bit. Is good to have it for emergencies though.
Spark-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #3

The manual shows a spare wheel and jack kit, so they must be available in some markets and thus buyable as spares.

The compressor and pot of glue is just cheap penny pinching. It won't work on all punctures and and once it's filled with glue the tyre can't be repaired properly and must be replaced.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Des

The miles to empty is not very optimistic either but gets better as the miles rack up. I keep filling slowly after the first click off and get another gallon in
As for spare I managed to get hold of a steel wheel from another spark and a matiz jack from local scrappy. Chevy want about 35+vat for a space saver but you have to source a tyre as well. Plus you are limited to 50mph and only 100 miles on them. Happy motoring.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #5

Just for the record as these cars are gm most 4 stud vauxhall wheels fit so its very easy and very cheap to go grab a steel wheel and good tyre from scrappy for 10 or so. Ive just fitted 16inch vauxhall astra alloys and they are a perfect fit. They have the same stud pattern and centre bore and offset. The ones ive bought with the right tyre size is less 5mm taller than original 14 inch steel with tall tyres.
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #6

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/astrawheel.jpg/][/URL]
Would this fit?
SPARKPLUSDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #7

yes that would fit. the ones i bought were 16inch fox racing alloys that were fitted to a vauxhall astra.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #8

so glad i came across this thread otherwise i would not have known about the lack of a spare wheel. the other annoying thing is the different wheel sizes depending on which model of spark you have. looks like a trip to my local scrappy. hopefully a universal scissor jack and a wheel brace spider will help. don,t like the glue job idea at all. thanks for this thread.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #9

Default spare wheels for sale if anyones interested

Hi if anyone is still worried about not having a spare, we have 4 of them for sale. They have been taken off my partners car having only done 2500 miles as i bought her a set of 16inch alloys for christmas. She only got her car mid november so they havent had much use at all.
They are undamaged and tyres are practically new with no markable wear on them. Still around 8mm tread.
The tyres are factory standard Continental p
PremiumContact 2s in 14 inch diameter.
40 each.
Contact Lee on 07501032265 with enquiries.
Thankyou

Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #10

Default 13 inch wheel rim

sadly folks i have purchased an entry level spare, which has 13" steel wheels and no one seems to have anything at all that is compatible, chevvy local dealer now has 15 orders for various chevvie motors and we have a wait until they arrive from the usa

magusrelax
magusrelax is offline   Reply With Quote