Go Back   Chevy Spark Owners Forum > Chevy Spark: Technical > Aftermarket Crowd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #1

Default The first mod any spark owner should do

replace those awful speakers with some that give a little bass.

I have an 1.2LT and the speakers were awful.

I managed to get a set of MNC GreenGo 4" x 6" 2 speaker cross axial 90W purchsed online for less than 20 that were the right size but did not fit the mounts. I then took a pair of tin snips to the speaker frames and nibbled bits off until they fitted the standard mounts although I did have to fit slightly longer self tapping screws.

For the fronts I got pair of 4" round 2 speaker cross axial 80W from Maplin cost about 15. To fit you have to reach up from below the dash to release the 3 speaker grill clips. There are just 2 screws to secure the front speakers in place. Remove the speakers and the attached sealing cones. The sealing cones won't fit over the magnets of the new speakers so you have to discard them. Once the grills are fitted back you can't tell they have been changed.

I had to make adaptor cables from the standard speaker leads to the speaker terminals but that was just short speaker cable and male and female spade terminal of the correct size.

Sound is much better with fair bass, not masses but much more than the standard ones. I can go upto full volume without having to suffer the blurp/pop/distort of the standard speakers.

Phil.
PhilPage is offline   Reply With Quote